Sunday, November 27, 2005

Hair: Straight or Curly

I watched this news reported that stated several researchers have discovered a better understanding behind what makes a hair curly or straight. The root of the hair from a person with curly hair has a hooked end. The root of the hair from a person with straight hair does not have a hooked end. We all know that hair from the pelvic region is always curly. They transplanted "straight hair" roots unto the pelvic region of an individual and it still grew out curly. So their conclusion is that: (1) again verifies that your genes decides whether you have a head of straight or curly hair (2) hormones are a factor that play a very impt role that supercedes the genes determinant. This is so cool!
SO... the researchers have decided to invent shampoos that contain hormones to help people with curly hair have straight hair just by shampooing their head. Or vice versa really. They did not state which specific hormones were involved. Hmmm...either one goes find the published paper or likely they may not want to publish the paper until the product is completed and patent done. I feel there should be side effects for the long term use of hormonal shampoo really. Honestly i think i'll rather go to REDS and ask Louis to curl my hair then use hormonal shampoo. I think this is not a plausible invention really but then again one never knows yeah? Some others might appreciate this sorta shampoo.

I think the type of product that is needed for hair that is absent in the market is conditioner for pubic hair. Hair from the pelvis is usually rough, thick and curly. A conditioner for pubic hair to make them soft and manageable and yet is sensitive enough for use in the pelvic region be fab! I think this be a better product idea than hormonal shampoo!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home