Tuesday, November 29, 2005

He Wishes For the Cloths of Heaven


William Butler Yeats (1865-1939)

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

This is one of the poems i read as a child. Zhisheng asked me if i would marry for love. I cant really answer that question. Angeline gave a yes. It is not just whether a person is well-to-do. It is also the ambition of a person and what he strives for in life. It is not just how much he loves you. You have to know whether his goals in life are aligned with yours. Whether you both can communicate. Whether you can love that person with all his imperfections. His beliefs. His character. Whether you can laugh with him. Whether you both compliment each other.Whether you smile when you think of him.

I know i smile when i think of someone. Grinning widely.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home