Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Insects

Yucks...when i come back at night, i see moths flickering against the lamp that lits the doorway. Gross. Been trying to open the gate, run in and shut it fast enough w/o the bugs coming near me or entering the house. There are 3 now flying on the exterior of my window netting...make that 4. You can see their fleshy undersides. Recalled pinning and mounting a moth that i thought was dead. Sheesh .... it was a rude shock when it flapped its wings and struggled against the pin. After that, i freezed them after ethyl acetate, just to make sure the insects are doubly dead. Flies were the best for pinning. The wings spread out nicely, exposing their airsacs and they are easy to find and pin. Bees were the prettiest and easy to collect. Thank God my ex-hsemate wasnt that squemish about having bugs in the freezer. She even collected a fat cockroach for me. Bravo!

Yesterday was a cute day. After bathing, i was craving for fish and chippies so i decided to get some from broadway. I decided to pop into Dewsons first to grab feta and olives for salad. Lo and behold...bumped into Chris. We chatted for like an hour perhaps standing outside Dewsons. I was freezing!! I didnt think he noticed. I was just in a tee + shorts...brrr...and as we chatted, the sun started setting...it got colder. Oh man...i didnt know where/ how to pause the conversation as we were on a roll. I might have caught a chill after. Ask him for his contact, he give me his msn. Hmm...i expected a number worh. Anywayz...i have a headache, i should Zzzz soon. nite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home